Company Logo

Sign Up

Sign up here to receive new posts from SolutionsForYou Organizing in your inbox. You might even receive occasional subscriber-only offers as well!

Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

INSPIRATION WEDNESDAY

I have been told by many that I am the most organized person they have ever met. Those who truly know me say I never ever procrastinate on anything. The second statement was recently put to the ultimate test. I was informed that I needed to have a biopsy. While this threw me into an emotional tailspin I discovered that even if it was bad news waiting for me I couldn't put this off. I scheduled the biopsy for the very next morning.

The surgeon met with me before the procedure and he said, "I admire you for not procrastinating on this, most people would put it off." My reply was, "I never procrastinate on anything, I don't know why, but I just don't." But, it caused me to think just why don't I procrastinate when it is so easy for others to.

My answer, a bit surprising, was, "I don't procrastinate because I want to be available to the unknown around the corner that I might miss out on because of something I procrastinated on." It good be something fun, it could be an opportunity I've been waiting for, or it could be because I need to take care of me or someone I love.

I don't know if sharing this will cause you to pause and think about your procrastination behaviors, but I hope it does. What are you procrastinating about? Why? If you can answer the why, it might propel you to take action.

"Putting off an easy thing makes it hard. Putting off a hard thing makes it impossible." George Claude Lorimer

No comments:

A bit about me...

I love to organize anything! I love to read anything on the subject of organizing. I especially love helping others learn the joy and simplification organizing habits and behaviors can bring to their lives.

Click here to learn a bit about me and visit our websites http://www.solutionsforyou.com/ (organizing services), http://www.instituteprofessionalorganizers.com/ (training and education for professional organizers) and my book web site http://www.getrichorganizing.com.

Anne Blumer

Anne Blumer
Certified Professional Organizer, Certified GO System Trainer and Consultant, and Certified FreedomFiler Consultant

Client Before and After Pictures

Certified Professional Organizer

Copyright © 2003 - 2014 SolutionsForYou, Inc. - All Rights Reserved