Company Logo

Sign Up

Sign up here to receive new posts from SolutionsForYou Organizing in your inbox. You might even receive occasional subscriber-only offers as well!

Follow by Email

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

INSPIRATION WEDNESDAY

I'm sure everyone is blogging about the election results today. You won't find that here. I'm blogging about how to save money for the upcoming holidays. I'm going to share with you what I do every November and December to save money so I have a little extra for gift giving and purge my pantry and freezer at the same time.

My secret...I prepare meals ONLY from what I have in my freezer and pantry as of November 1st. The only groceries I purchase are fresh produce, dairy and bread. This year is going to be a stretch because November 1st snuck up on me unawares. Usually, I will try to stockpile extra pasta, spaghetti sauces and beans for the pantry and meat, poultry and seafood for the freezer...but, I didn't. So, I'm going to have to be extra creative. Fortunately, I'm on a diet (with great results--25 pounds lost in 12 weeks!) that requires "their" food for the most part so I only have three people to prepare meals for.

What's your secret to saving money around the holidays or in general? Come on share and send me your comments!

No comments:

A bit about me...

I love to organize anything! I love to read anything on the subject of organizing. I especially love helping others learn the joy and simplification organizing habits and behaviors can bring to their lives.

Click here to learn a bit about me and visit our websites http://www.solutionsforyou.com/ (organizing services), http://www.instituteprofessionalorganizers.com/ (training and education for professional organizers) and my book web site http://www.getrichorganizing.com.

Anne Blumer

Anne Blumer
Certified Professional Organizer, Certified GO System Trainer and Consultant, and Certified FreedomFiler Consultant

Client Before and After Pictures

Certified Professional Organizer

Copyright © 2003 - 2014 SolutionsForYou, Inc. - All Rights Reserved