Company Logo

Sign Up

Sign up here to receive new posts from SolutionsForYou Organizing in your inbox. You might even receive occasional subscriber-only offers as well!

Follow by Email

Monday, March 2, 2009

Organizing Habit #29

Pick a problem room and identify the “pinch point” – The pinch point is the one thing that prevents everything from running smoothly when it is not in order. So, if the laundry room is your problem area, look for the source of the problem (one big pile, no detergent, etc.) and tend to that first.

See it. Fix it! If the pinch point in your laundry room is clothing buildup because you’re out of detergent, then keep your soap out where you can see it. I keep my laundry soap in a glass cookie jar on top of my washing machine. Visual reminders help keep your necessary tasks top of mind, so they’ll be fixed faster.

Once you eliminate the pinch point, you’ll be amazed how quickly everything else falls into place.

No comments:

A bit about me...

I love to organize anything! I love to read anything on the subject of organizing. I especially love helping others learn the joy and simplification organizing habits and behaviors can bring to their lives.

Click here to learn a bit about me and visit our websites http://www.solutionsforyou.com/ (organizing services), http://www.instituteprofessionalorganizers.com/ (training and education for professional organizers) and my book web site http://www.getrichorganizing.com.

Anne Blumer

Anne Blumer
Certified Professional Organizer, Certified GO System Trainer and Consultant, and Certified FreedomFiler Consultant

Client Before and After Pictures

Certified Professional Organizer

Copyright © 2003 - 2014 SolutionsForYou, Inc. - All Rights Reserved