Company Logo

Sign Up

Sign up here to receive new posts from SolutionsForYou Organizing in your inbox. You might even receive occasional subscriber-only offers as well!

Follow by Email

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why do you do what you do?

I’m always curious how and why people are doing what they do. I recently met with my best friend growing up and she said her sister-in-law told her that you do what you do based on your first memory. She asked me what my first memory is. My first memory is I was three years old and I was in our home that was being built at the time and the tile layer, Hal, was laying tile in the front hall. I had a bag of jelly beans and it broke spilling all of the jelly beans on the floor. The tile layer started eating all of the black [licorice] jelly beans—my favorites. I remember screaming, "stop eating my jelly beans." Now, what that has to do with teaching others how to become organized or how to run a Professional Organizer business I’m not sure—other than maybe I should have had a better container for my jelly beans!

What is your first memory and how does it connect with what you do?

P.S. Licorice is my favorite candy.

Next, find out how and why I became a Professional Organizer.

1 comment:

Megan@Disorder2Order said...

Black licorice is my favorite too!!! Ha! I remember being in flower garden (aka preschool) and we had a pet rabbit that I could bring carrots to feed him... what do you suppose that means?

A bit about me...

I love to organize anything! I love to read anything on the subject of organizing. I especially love helping others learn the joy and simplification organizing habits and behaviors can bring to their lives.

Click here to learn a bit about me and visit our websites http://www.solutionsforyou.com/ (organizing services), http://www.instituteprofessionalorganizers.com/ (training and education for professional organizers) and my book web site http://www.getrichorganizing.com.

Anne Blumer

Anne Blumer
Certified Professional Organizer, Certified GO System Trainer and Consultant, and Certified FreedomFiler Consultant

Client Before and After Pictures

Certified Professional Organizer

Copyright © 2003 - 2014 SolutionsForYou, Inc. - All Rights Reserved