Who knew a pair of shoes could be so educational



As I was pondering what I wanted to gift my family and friends this past holiday season, I was looking for gifts that would also give to others in need. I love to support organizations that provide to children or focus on eliminating hunger. One day while watching a Rachel Ray show, I learned about the Feed Foundation.  

I researched the Feed Foundation and embracing their mission decided to gift through them.  I also noticed something on their website I would like to receive, a pair of TOMSshoes. Not only are they cute, but they give twice; a pair of shoes and feed children 12 school meals.  I hinted to my husband that I wanted the shoes and he happily ordered them for me.  


Along, with the shoes came another gift, a book titled Start Somethingthat Matters by Blake Mycoskie, founder of TOMS.

A few weeks after the holiday hubbub, I curled up with Blake’s book. It is a page turner, educational, and so inspiring.  In a nutshell, Blake tells his story and lessons learned about starting TOMS and the entrepreneurs and organizations he has met along the way. I wish I had read this book when I started my business, SolutionsForYou, ten years ago!

This book is for everyone because of its inspiring stories. But, if you have ever thought about starting a business or making a difference in the world, and fear has stopped you, definitely read this book! The key nugget I gleaned from Blake’s book is, tell your story.

If you are curious, you can listen to mystory about how I got into the amazing work as a Certified Professional Organizer as interviewed by Susan Creal.

What’s your story? I’d love to hear it.

Labels: ,