If your kitchen isn't functioning at high efficiency it is a recipe for a holiday dinner disaster! Organize it now to insure stress free holiday meal preparations. Here are few quick tips to get started:
- Purge your pantry - look at expiration dates and remove all expired food, including spices. For more ideas on how to organize a pantry view my video at about.com.
- Group all of your baking supplies and materials together and create a baking zone in the kitchen. This will make holiday baking a snap!
- Be realistic about how many coffee mugs, travel cups/mugs, plastic drinking bottles, and plastic containers are needed. Nix the surplus and gain space for what you need to easily access.
- Relocate infrequently used appliances, kitchen equipment and entertaining items to a storage room or garage to free up prime real estate in the kitchen for what is used regularly.
- Let go of any cookbook, gadget, dishware or ingredient that has not been used in the past six months
- Toss the recipes that haven’t been used in a year and put favorites in sheet protectors in a binder.