What is a tickler system? It is a series of files related to the days of the month (1-31) and months of the year (Jan-Dec).
Why use it? If you want to be reminded to handle something in the future, but don’t want or need to think about it until then, it can be “tickled” to show up exactly on the day or month you’d like to see it again. Reminders such as:
- repetitive activities such as housecleaning chores
- bills to pay
- follow-up on items delegated
- a place holder for future events (i.e. travel itinerary or concert tickets)
Here is some reminders/information I currently have in my tickler file:
- Upcoming client session files
- Upcoming conference information (flight info, conference schedule, speech)
- Upcoming board meeting information (board report, flight info)
- Tickets to the moon watching at the Japanese Garden
- Virtual Training - Session III information
- Newsletter outline
- Task list - moves daily
Do you use a tickler system? Why, or why not?